LEDs are extremely energy efficient and consume up to 90% less power than incandescent bulbs. Since LEDs use only a fraction of the energy of an incandescent light bulb there is a dramatic decrease in power costs. Also, money and energy is saved in maintenance and replacement costs due to the long LED lifespan. LEDs have a lifespan of up to 60,000 hours
Advantages of LED technology.
- Energy efficient – LED’s are now capable of outputting 135 lumens/watt
- Long Lifetime – 50,000 hours or more if properly engineered
- Rugged – LED’s are also called “Solid State Lighting (SSL) as they are made of solid material with no filament or tube or bulb to break
- No warm-up period – LED’s light instantly – in nanoseconds
- Not affected by cold temperatures – LED’s “like” low temperatures and will startup even in subzero weather
- Directional – With LED’s you can direct the light where you want it, thus no light is wasted
- Excellent Color Rendering – LED’s do not wash out colors like other light sources such as fluorescents, making them perfect for displays and retail applications
- Environmentally friendly – LED’s contain no mercury or other hazardous substances
- Controllable – LED’s can be controlled for brightness and color
- Incentives – You may be eligible for cash incentives from BC Hydro for upgrading your facilities.